Friday, August 15, 2008

Easy and Warm 2 Stitch Scarf

I made this scarf from the yarn I bought while I was at Oxford. It is very very warm because the yarn is super thick.

This pattern can be used on any yarn and adjusted to any gauge or size. This scarf is divided into 3 parts. 1 section (2o in) of double crochet, 1 section of single crochet, and another section of double crochet. It can be worked in one color or two or even three. Each section is about 20 inches to make a 60 in adult size scarf.

Easy and Warm 2 Stitch Scarf

3 Skeins of Jeager 100% wool (thick wieght yarn I don't have the exact name with me but when I do I will post it) I used 2 of beige and 1 of brown

Size P (9 mm) hook

-Ch 15 with color 1 (Beige or skien one)
-Double crochet in 4th chain from hook and dc in each chain across (12 DC) ch 3 and turn
-Repeat with 12 dc in each row for 20 in or until you run out of yarn
-Work in color 2 on last dc of last row ch 1 and turn
-Single crochet in each dc across (12 sc)
-Repeat for 20 in or until you run out of yarn
-Work the second skein of color 1 on last sc of last row ch 3 and turn
-Double crochet in each sc across (12 dc)
-Repeat for 20 in or until you run out of yarn (it should be the same length as section 1
-On last row use sc instead of dc.
-Weave in ends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the look of this scarf, i will deffinely make it!

Crochet Pattern Central - An online directory of free crochet patterns.
Crochet Blogs
Power By Ringsurf