Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Alas Poor Yorick I knew thee well



For Halloween this past year Lion Brand created a pattern for felted crocheted skulls using their Lion Brand Wool. I thought the would be adorable and hilarious to make and hang from the ceiling of our living room. Much to the surprise of my roommates they liked the idea and thought it was a great way to tie together the mauve couch, gold loveseat, and hunter green carpet in the room. I made the skulls out of Patons wool in bright blue and hot pink (yes very traditional skull colors). Double stranded each skein made 3.5 skulls. I then suspended the skulls with some scarp yarn (in the same colors) from the drop ceiling above the couch. We loved them so much we kept them up the rest of the year.

Here is the link to the website http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70464A.html?noImages=

No comments:

Crochet Pattern Central - An online directory of free crochet patterns.
Crochet Blogs
Power By Ringsurf