Monday, July 7, 2008

It is acrylic but it will work

I have finally found yarn in Oxford. It was in a store that supports a local hospital which was in the covered market right next to my college. I have walked past this store at least a dozen times in the past week yet I didn't notice until today that they had yarn. Although the collection was very small with just wool and acrylic it was very well priced. I got 2 large skeins of 100% acrylic yarn with about 230 meters a skein for £1.20 or $2.50 each which is a good price in the states. I plan on making a scarf although by the time I finish it will most likely be august in Italy and extremely hot. I have designed a pattern during my class today that will combine vertical stripes of the 2 colors and cables. In theory this shall work but in practice we will see. I will post pictures as I go. I should be working on my papers which are due in a week instead of worrying about a scarf in July but I love procrastinating.

1 comment:

Brittany Day said...

Loved reading this thank you

Crochet Pattern Central - An online directory of free crochet patterns.
Crochet Blogs
Power By Ringsurf